Create and Prepare the I386 Distribution Folder

September 17, 2009
  1. Connect to the network or computer on which you want to create the I386 distribution folder.
  2. In a shared folder, create an I386 folder from which to distribute the service pack. For example, to create the I386 folder in a folder named XPSP1, type the following at the command prompt (where drive is the drive of the network or computer where the distribution folder is located), and then press ENTER:
    mkdir drive:\xpsp1\I386
  3. Extract Xpsp1.exe to the I386 folder that you created in step 2. To do this, type the following at the command prompt (where path is the location of the shared distribution folder), and then press ENTER:
    xpsp1.exe /x:path /u
    For example, to extract Xpsp1.exe to the E:\XPSP1\I386 folder, type the following at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
    xpsp1.exe /x:e:\xpsp1\i386 /u
  4. Copy all the files that are contained in the I386\New and I386\Ip folders to the I386 folder. To do this, switch to the I386 folder, type the following at the command prompt, and press ENTER after each command:
    copy new
    copy ip
    For example, to copy all of the files in the E:\XPSP1\I386\New folder and E:\XPSP1\I386\Ip folder to the E:\XPSP1\I386 folder, type the following at the command prompt, and press ENTER after each command:
    e:
    cd xpsp1\i386
    copy new
    copy ip
  5. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER.

Related Posts

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »

No comments